Perky Pooches Grooming Salon
Perky Pooches was established in 2013 and specialises in providing the complete grooming experience for your pooch.
Winner of Runner Up Best New Business in the Illawarra for 2015 at the IWIB awards we pride ourselves on producing top quality work whilst placing the utmost importance on your dogs wellbeing.
We work by appointment only. To assure that you are not disappointed, it is best to call at least 2-3 weeks in advanced. If you keep your pet on a regular schedule we can easily set up a reoccurring appointment for you and send you a reminder message or call if you desire.
We continue to further our education in the industry by attending grooming seminars with international speakers such as the 2013 Aust groom seminar and the 2013 Purina GroomQuest seminar. Competitions are another way we continue our education, through competition we receive constructive criticism from both peers and international judges.
Perky Pooches offers their clients a relaxed, friendly and professional fully air-conditioned state of the art grooming salon.
Perky Pooches Salon Policies
- All Pooches must be brought to the salon on a lead, this ensures their safety in the car park and allows us to take them to the toilet if needed.
- We ask that you please toilet your pooch prior to entering our salon and that any mess on the lawn is cleaned up appropriately. If you need a bag please ask.
- At Perky Pooches we have a '2 strikes and your out' approach to no show appointments. After your second 'no show' you will be required to pay a $20 dollar non-refundable deposit upon booking for your pooches next appointment. (one strike per dog booked) *Conditions apply*
- 24 hours notice must be given if your pooch is unable to make their appointment, less then 24 hours notice will require a $20 fee be paid upon booking your next appointment *Conditions apply*
- At Perky Pooches we do not subject dogs to the painful process of de-matting. Mats and knots will not just wash out and if your pooch is matted we will need to do a full clip to allow your pooch to start fresh. *A 'matted fee' may apply*
- Pooches found will fleas will require a mandatory flea wash. *Flea fee will apply*
- Muzzles of all sizes are used at our discretion as a last resort. This is for our safety and the muzzle will be used for brief periods only.
- Perky Pooches reserves the right to send pooches home at any point during the grooming process if it is deemed unsafe to the groomer or pooch to continue with the groom. Perky Pooches also reserves the right to change for work already completed
- At Perky Pooches we do not use sedation under any circumstances. We strongly believe that sedation is something that should only be performed by a vet or vet nurse. If we believe that your pooch is becoming stressed at any time during their groom we will allow them to have a rest and then continue once they have calmed down.
- Our grooming prices include 3 hours of care for small dogs and 4 hours of care for large dogs. Any time after this will be charged at $10 per hour of care.
- In our salon your pooches welfare comes first.